- Do you want to learn and develop useful youth advisor skills? Or are you a youth wanting to learn new leadership skills?
- Do you want to join with advisors and youth from across the region, networking and learning at the same time?
- Do you want your congregation to have a healthy and vital youth ministry?
Then come to the Healthy Youth Groups training!
This training presents core issues, philosophies, and skills needed to advise and empower youth. This training is designed for:
- adults working with UU youth in the capacity of youth advisors – new and seasoned
- adults working with UU youth in other roles, such as Religious Educators, Ministers and RE or Youth Program Chairs
- youth who want to be leaders in their youth groups or in district leadership.
Topics covered include:
- creating diverse and balanced programming
- building cooperative relationships between youth and adults
- tools to build a healthy youth group community
- ethics, confidentiality, liability and dealing with crisis
- building a vision of a fully youth-inclusive congregation
The philosophy behind this training is one ofyouth empowerment: We seek to develop youth group leaders who can support the growth of youth leadership and who can work in adult-youth partnership.
Congregations are encouraged to send any advisors who have not received this training AND are particularly encouraged to send teams of youth and adults. Such teams will be prepared to return and help congregation youth programming leap to the next level!
Trainings are scheduled around the region throughout the year. See the calendar for the current schedule.