Goldmine is an intense leadership school for youth focusing on self-reflection and leadership skills. Youth learn concrete leadership skills, learn to lead a worship in a wide variety of youth worship styles, and work to articulate the faith based grounding for their values and leadership. The day includes youth led worship, silent self-reflection time, and small group reflection time in addition to time for hanging out and playing together! The school is taught by pairs of youth and adult co-trainers. Youth co-trainers are former Goldmine students.
There are one or two offerings of this training each summer in the Central East Region. For 2015 the training dates and locations are:
- Goldmine Youth Leadership School West ~ Sunday, July 5-Saturday, July 11 at East Shore UU Church, Kirtland, Ohio. Early bird deadline May 15, registration deadline June 15.
- Goldmine Youth Leadership School East ~ Sunday, August 16-Friday, August 21 at Stony Point, NY. Early bird deadline June 1, registration deadline July 15.
- Plus, Unicamp Goldmine Week ~Monday, August 24-Sunday, August 30 at Unicamp in Honeywood Ontario. (Passport needed to cross the border!) For details and registration for the Unicamp Goldmine, click this link.
Here are the details:
Goldmine West July 5-11: East Shore UU Church, Kirtland Ohio, Housing will be on a church floor--bring sleeping bag, mattress, etc. Showers will be available.
- $395 Early Bird -- Before May 15th ($375 for members of CERG Full Share congregations)
- $450 Regular -- Until June 15
- Cancellation Date: June 15
Goldmine East: Sunday August 16 through Friday August 21, Stony Point Center, Stony Point NY
- $550 Early Bird: Before June 1st
- $625 Regular: Until July 15
- $675 late registration if space available
- Cancellation Date: July 15
All tuition must be paid in full by cancellation date.
Full refund available until cancellation date. $75 processing fee afterwards until two weeks before event. Refunds after this only available in cases of illness.
What youth say about Goldmine:
"This was the single most transformative experience of my entire life."
"Youth Leadership was by far the highlight of my summer last year and one of the most valuable experiences that I have ever had. I promise that I am not exaggerating at all!"